Dr. Kondon, a trained prosthodontist, offers dental restorations to repair and restore damaged or missing teeth. If you have missing teeth, there are plenty of options outside of dentures that you can consider. Of these, dental bridges can return your smile to its full look and return you to the path of oral health once more. Dental bridges work by covering spaces left behind by missing teeth. They are often held in place by latching on to neighboring teeth or implants. To prevent tooth slippage, consider the following benefits that dental bridges can provide:
– If you have a missing or lost tooth, dental bridges can help prevent drifting or tooth movements caused by neighboring teeth freely moving due to the extra space around the gums.
– Dental bridges can improve your eating and speaking habits more so than with missing teeth or in many cases, even removable dentures.
– Dental bridges can help relieve and prevent misalignments and malocclusions of your jaw and bite line that could occur due to missing teeth.
– The appearance of a smile with missing teeth may appear to be sunken in and aged, but it can be reversed with dental bridges.
– With proper care and the avoidance of any oral accidents, dental bridges can last anywhere from ten years to an entire lifetime.
If you would like to learn more about our Prosthodontic services, including dental bridges, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Nicholas Kondon and the rest of our team at Nicholas P. Kondon, DMD. Please call 978.369.9090 today in Concord, Massachusetts. Come on in to learn more about your options to get the bright and healthy smile you’ve always wanted!