Our tooth enamel is an extremely strong material that protects our teeth, but unfortunately, many forces in the world are stronger. Bacteria that lives in our own mouths can use sugar to produce harmful acids that can eat through tooth enamel.
Prevent a dental disaster by protecting your tooth enamel. Here are some tips that can help:
– Eat healthy foods for your teeth, and avoid snacking between meals.
– Visit Nicholas P. Kondon, DMD during your scheduled visits for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Continually brush twice a day with ADA-approved toothpaste, and use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum after meals can help prevent cavities.
– Floss your teeth at least once per day with high quality dental floss or a dental flossing instrument.
– Try to avoid any types of snacks and candies that are high in sugar and tough to clean from your teeth and gums.
– Don’t be afraid to implement additional day-to-day oral health care habits into your routine, such as using mouthwash and wearing safety equipment.
If you are looking to enhance or upgrade your smile, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Nicholas Kondon at our office in Concord, Massachusetts. We can be reached via phone at 978.369.9090. We strive to give you the shine and color your smile wants.